Our work to date has had significant impact across all project objectives:
- Facilitated over 35,000 jobs
- Supported over 25,000 business
- Mobilized $48 million in investments
- Faciliated nearly $200 million in access to finance
- Led support to the CDC, Tunisia’s sovereign investment fund, in designing Covid-19 emergency response to assist SMEs
- Implementing USAID’s 10 million Covid19 grant program, to date awarding grants to over 15,000 microenterprises, 200 small enterprises (less than 20 employees) and 80 SMEs
- Provided employability skills training to over 2,200 youth, and matching over 9,000 youth with jobs with partner companies
- Partnering with GOT in policy and regulatory reform in access to finance, trade
Helping SMEs to grow
Created over 25,000 new jobs 60% for women.
Generated over $200 million in additional access to finance.
Signed 450 Partnership Agreements encompassing over 3,462 SMEs and producers.
Establishing a better prepared workforce
Matched 9,900 youth to new jobs among JOBS’ client firms.
Prepared 8,500 students annually for the workforce with demand-driven ICT and Business Administration curricula.
Helped create a Masters degree in fintech, led by Vermeg, the ICT Federation cluster, and the Tunisia Business School.
Creating sustainable linkages between youth and employers through more effective career-placement centers in pilot regions.
Forging a more conducive enabling policy and regulatory environment for business growth
Helping the Government of Tunisia implement other e-government solutions that increase transparency and reduce costs for businesses, including:
- The Ministry of Trade’s new portal to (www.pce.tn), facilitating export and import procedures for SMEs.
- Tunisia TradeNet’s site tunisietrade.net and a mobile App for simplified e-payment solutions, on-line consultations, and e-learning tutorials.
- National Investor Platform, expediting investments.
- A mobile app to reduce administrative barriers and unnecessary authorizations to start a business.
- Tunisiacompetitiveness.tn, which highlights Tunisia’s advantages as an investment destination.
- Private sector-government consensus on key investment priorities, integrating them in the draft Equity Investment Code.
Communicating with youth